Before IV Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours before the appointment. You may not have any water for 2 hours before the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible before the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Aiken and Shessel before your surgical date for instructions.
Click here for a printable pdf version of these instructions.